When I say document scanning, what do you think of? The part-time employee swamped and totally out of their element who is trying to keep pace converting the paper documents in your office to digital documents? There is a much easier and much more efficient way to get your documents scanned – use our document scanning services! You might think that outsourcing this process costs more; however, that is just not true. In fact, we can help you save up to 70% of the costs incurred when scanning in-house.
10 Step Document Scanning Process (in an Infographic!)
You might be wondering how all of this works. Is it going to require a lot of your time and resources? Are you documents safe and secure throughout the process? Is there anyone checking to make sure the documents are scanned properly? And so on. That is why we created this handy infographic that explains our basic 10 step scanning process.
Contact Us to Learn More About Document Scanning
Of course this is just the basic outline; we can customize a document scanning plan just for you. Also, you can try our document scanning services for free! We will scan, index, and upload a box of your records, so you can see exactly how our document scanning services work. For more information give us a call at 1-800-803-1083 or send us a message.
Three Automated Storage Systems Available Exclusively From Us on TXMAS Contract
Southwest Solutions Group® is the exclusive provider of Kardex Automated Storage Systems on TXMAS Contract. Kardex Automated Storage Systems can be used in a variety of applications throughout government agencies, the military, universities, k-12 schools, municipalities, police departments, healthcare facilities, libraries, and more. With three different Automated Storage Systems – Megamat RS Vertical Carousel, Shuttle XP Vertical Lift Module, and Lektriever File Cabinet – we have something for everyone.
Automated Storage System #1: Megamat RS Vertical Carousel
The Megamat RS Vertical Carousel fuses reliability and security to create a dynamic Automated Storage System. Here are just some of the features and benefits of the Megamat RS Vertical Carousel:
- Recovers Floor Space: The Megamat RS Vertical Carousel takes advantage of unused overhead space and will recover up to 75% of the floor space.
- Improves Ergonomics: Because this Automated Storage System delivers shelves and drawers with stored items to an ergonomically correct height, it eliminates the need for the operator to bend over, reach down, or climb up when retrieving a stored item.
- Enhances Safety & Security: The Megamat RS Vertical Carousel is equipped with both personnel and product photocells for maximum safety. A lockable door protects stored items from unauthorized access.
- Increases Picking Accuracy: Various pick-to-light technologies can be integrated to increase accuracy up to 99%.
Automated Storage System #2: Shuttle XP Vertical Lift Module
The combination of storage density, flexibility, efficiency, and security makes the Shuttle XP Vertical Lift Module an ideal Automated Storage System for numerous functions throughout any government organization. Here are just some of the reasons to use the Shuttle XP Vertical Lift System:
- Saves Floor Space: The Shuttle XP Vertical Lift Module provides true floor-to-ceiling storage by using overhead space and can recover up to 85% of floor space.
- Improves Ergonomics & Safety: With this Automated Storage System there is no longer a need for employees to bend, reach, squat, or climb to retrieve a stored item because all items are automatically delivered to an ergonomically positioned access window.
- Increases Productivity & Accuracy: Available pick-to-light technology immediately identifies the item and quantity to be picked, which will increase productivity by up to 2/3 while providing the highest levels of accuracy, up to 99.9%.
- Provides Flexibility: Each tray within the Shuttle XP Vertical Lift Module can be programmed to meet your needs: slower speeds for sensitive items; positioning fast moving trays in the “Golden Zone” for fast retrieval; and restricted access to individual trays.
Automated Storage System #3: Lektriever File Cabinet
The Lektriever File Cabinet meets all Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements and guidelines for forward reach over an obstruction, knee clearance, maximum high forward reach, front approach and side approach. Here are additional features and benefits of this ADA Compliant Automated Storage System:
- High Density: The Lektriever File Cabinet uses overhead space, which will save up to 70% of the floor space compared to traditional lateral file cabinets.
- Flexible Storage Design: There are 8 to 31 carriers available for each unit to match your storage needs.
- Adjustable Work Counter: The ergonomic work counter easily adjusts up and down to meet the ideal standing or sitting height of the user. Also, an overhead task light for increased visibility.
- Controlled Access: The Kardex Lektriever has locking security doors to keep confidential stored items safe from unauthorized access.
- Range of Controls: There are multiple styles and levels of controls available from basic push button to PC integration.
- Safety Features: The Electric Lateral File System has numerous safety features to protect stored items and users including a full safety light curtain, emergency stop buttons, and two safety touch bars.
We can provide any of these Kardex Automated Storage Systems on TXMAS Contract. For more information, give us a call at 1-800-803-1083 or send us a message to speak with the representative in your area.
Why Should Your Business Automate Storage & Retrieval?
Your warehouse floor space is expensive, and the value of floor space varies depending on the activity occurring in that space. When it’s used for stationary racks and storage rather than production lines or other revenue generating functions, you are losing out on profits. The stationary racks in your storage area means workers are picking one order at a time, which slows down their picking speed because they are often walking several miles a day. They can also become are fatigued and injured due to the constant walking, bending, climbing, and twisting they do while searching for items, which means they can’t do their jobs to the best of their abilities. This can lead to picking mistakes that can cost your company time and cause customers frustration. Kardex Remstar Carousels & Lifts will automate storage & retrieval to eliminate all of these problems so that your business can stop focusing on lost time and money and instead focus on growth and profits.
Kardex Remstar Carousels & Lifts Optimize Floor Space to Make Room for Value Added Activities
- Save up to 85% of floor space
- Floor to ceiling space utilization
- Eliminate wasted aisle floor space
- Maximize every square inch within the unit
- Inventory management software designed to dynamically manage cube space within the unit
Kardex Remstar Carousels & Lifts Improve Picking Accuracy to Increase Customer Retention
- 99.9% pick accuracy
- Reduced picking mistakes
- Fewer returned orders & restocking
- Fewer re-picked items due to shipping mistakes
- Improved customer satisfaction
- Increased repeat customers
Kardex Remstar Carousels & Lifts Reduce Labor Costs by Increasing Productivity
- Reduce labor by 2/3 and keep pick levels the same
- Deliver stored items to the operator & eliminate unproductive travel time
- Optimized machine movement – all items are picked in one machine rotation or cycle
- Pick lights indicate which item & quantity to pick, eliminating time spent searching for the right part
Kardex Remstar Carousels & Lifts Improve Ergonomics to Increase Workplace Safety
- 100% safe and ergonomic access
- Goods to person delivery eliminates climbing, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling associated with shelving and cabinets
- OSHA friendly storage and retrieval solution
- Easily integrate hoists, lifts, carts, and transport tables into the workstation
- Multiple safety features protect both workers and stored items
Kardex Remstar Carousels & Lifts Reduce Bottlenecks and Increase Throughput with Batch Picking
- Increase picking speeds by 800%
- Fulfill multiple orders at one time
- Reduce bottlenecks in shipping & manufacturing
- One pick fills multiple orders
- Extend order cutoff times to meet customer demand
- Easily accommodate hot picks
Contact Us Today for Kardex Remstar Carousels & Lifts
Southwest Solutions Group® is a full service dealer of Kardex Remstar Carousels & Lifts. We will provide design, installation, relocation, and maintenance services for Kardex Remstar Carousels & Lifts to automate storage & retrieval in your facility. Give us a call toll-free at 1-800-803-1083 or send us a message to speak with the representative in your area today.
Healthcare Associated Infections (HAIs) are very scary to think about. According to this infographic, if you are admitted to a hospital you have a 5% chance of contracting a HAI. While that might not seem like a very high percentage, nationwide 1.7 to 2 million people a year develop a HAI and nearly 99,000 of these people will die as a result of their infection. That is more people dying from HAIs than breast cancer and prostate cancer combined. Yet the problem is that no one is talking about this silent killer. Which is a shame because evidence suggests that the majority of HAIs are preventable.
A large percentage of infectious diseases are transmitted by touch. Proper sanitation of touch surfaces and adhering to stringent hand washing rules is one of the most beneficial things a healthcare facility can do to prevent Healthcare Associated Infections. But there is more that can be done.
Anti-Microbial Copper Surfaces will Help Reduce HAIs
Introducing Anti-Microbial Copper surfaces to your healthcare facility will also help in the fight against HAIs. The Anti-Microbial Copper surfaces actually kill 99.9% of bacteria that cause Healthcare Associated Infections within two hours of exposure. Consider Anti-Microbial Copper surfaces a back-up to protect patients in case the first line of defense – proper sanitation and hand washing – fails. It’s like locking your doors at night and also having an alarm system. You hope that the locked doors will keep you safe, but just in case you have the alarm system that will notify the authorities in case someone gets through the lock and into your house.
This is why we offer optional Anti-microbial Copper surfaces on all of our modular casework, laboratory furniture, and office furniture. This includes table tops, counter tops, desk work surfaces, pull handles, knobs, and more. Our Anti-microbial surfaces can be designed in any size and can be fitted onto new or existing casework and furniture. Contact us today at 1-800-803-1083 or send us a message to learn more about our Anti-microbial surfaces.
Solutions to Help Your Business Maximize Space to Save Money
New trends are emerging in the business world – smaller more open office spaces and more people working outside the office. Closed doors and high cubicles are becoming a thing of the past with open communal spaces moving to the forefront. Another piece of the puzzle is the move from paper to electronic documents allowing for more telework. Just see how the General Services Administration (GSA) headquarters were recently remodeled to get an idea of what the office of the future might look like. The remodel enabled the GSA to stop leasing extra building space and cut the average worker’s space in half, which has saved millions of dollars.
Saving space in the business world is not new. In fact, we have been saving businesses space since 1969. So how can your business maximize space to save money? Well you have come to the right place because we have the solution; in fact, we have quite a few solutions!
Let’s face it; paper takes up a lot of real estate in your office. Look around and see how much you have in piles of your desk and stored in shelving. I bet it’s a lot. I’m not suggesting you throw out all of your paper, but it might be time to convert some of those paper documents to digital documents. The digital documents can be used just like paper and they take up a lot less space. Watch this video to learn more about how you can get rid of the paper in your office. Also read this series of blogs that our resident digital document expert, Anna Stratton, wrote.
Condense Your Storage Shelving
Paper isn’t the problem for everyone; any kind of stuff that is stored on shelves or in cabinets can be taking up space in your office. But what is taking up the most space in your shelving? The access aisles. Did you know that the access aisles between each row of your shelves can claim as much as 50% of your office’s storage floor space? Now that you are aware of the problem, we have a solution to condense your shelving – High Density Mobile Storage. Read about the benefits of maximizing your space with High Density Mobile Storage.
Why use boring lateral cabinets that haven’t changed in decades when you can use Electric File Cabinets? The Electric File Cabinets use vertical space as storage space and have the added bonus of bringing stored items directly to you. With its more than 2,700 linear filing inches of letter-sized filing space, the Electric File Cabinets will store the equivalent of approximately 27 lateral cabinets in a fraction of the space. Did you know that Electric File Cabinets are also ADA compliant? Well they are, and you can read more about them here.
Learn More About What We Can Do To Help Your Business Maximize Space To Save Money
Things in the business world are always changing and evolving. How we work is almost as important as the work itself. Our solutions are here to help your business maximize space to save money and become even more efficient as these new trends manifest.
To learn more about what we can do to help, give us a call at 1-800-803-1083 or send us a message.