To assist healthcare facilities in reducing the risk of cross-contamination between patients who undergo endoscopic procedures, AAMI ST91 “Flexible and semi-rigid endoscope processing in health care facilities” was released. The idea is to reduce the risk of HAIs associated with endoscope procedures. Part of the new guidelines for scope storage state:
- endoscopes should hang vertically
- storage should be well ventilated
- there should be no bends in the scope
- scopes should not touch one another
- should be in a closed cabinet
- with venting and air circulation
Our endoscope cabinets will meet all these requirements and more.
How the Endoscope Cabinets Meet the Guidelines
To meet the AAMI ST91 storage and drying guidelines, a variety of unique features are included in the design of the cabinets.
- Metal Construction: With metal construction, you get a cabinet that doesn’t retain moisture. It’s also easier to clean and sanitize.
- Heavy-Duty Doors: The cabinet doors have three times the lifespan of a plastic door. They are also foam filled for quieter use.
- Internal Drawstring Door Closure: The door closure aid is made of a poly-coated wire and located inside the cabinet to reduce the chance of contamination.
- UL Approved: The components are all UL approved and listed. And since the fan unit is only 20V powered, it’s under the 120V power and not required to be UL approved.
- HEPA Filter: You will maintain cleaner endoscopes with the replaceable filter that’s triggered when the cabinet door closes.
Specifications of the Endoscope Cabinets
The endoscope cabinets come in two sizes: one for storing eight scopes and one for storing 16 scopes. And each cabinet will store a variety of scopes including colonoscopies, EUS Scopes, TEE probes, bronchoscopes, cystoscopies, and ENT Scopes. Both are available with pull-down doors, but the larger cabinet also has the option for glass doors that offer increased visibility.
The size of the larger endoscope cabinet is 93.25”H x 36.10”W x 18.75”D with a net weight of 236 pounds. And the smaller cabinet is 56.125”H x 36.125”W x 18.75” with a net weight of 175 pounds.
Contact Us for More Information
Southwest Solutions Group® provides endoscope cabinets to all types of healthcare facilities. SSG will even offer a free consultation to determine your exact needs. To learn more or to speak with a specialist, call us at 1-800-803-1083 or send us a message today.