Better inventory storage is essential for any business. As part of a LEAN plan, improving your storage area creates efficiencies in every aspect of your business – from employee productivity and satisfaction to space management and overhead costs. And this doesn’t just apply to manufacturing facilities. Industries like healthcare and automotive have many of the same needs for LEAN initiatives and better inventory storage.
Adapt Your Storage to Today’s Fast-Paced Culture
One of the most significant changes you can make is to invest in the right storage system. While the old racking and shelving systems may have worked in the past, they just don’t cut it anymore in today’s fast-paced, instant world. People want items shipped to them overnight, doctors need medical supplies on-hand for surgeries, and cars need to be repaired yesterday.
Automated Vertical Shuttles Make Necessary Changes to Your Storage
The next step in storage is automation. And the best solution for automating your storage is vertical shuttles. The infographic below illustrates why vertical shuttles are the best solution for your inventory storage.
Gain Efficiencies in Every Area of Your Business
The numerous benefits of automation with vertical shuttles include:
- Saving up to 85% of floor space compared to traditional shelving
- Reducing picking labor up to 2/3
- Improving picking accuracy by as much as 99.9%
- Interfacing picking with inventory management software
- Managing inventory to eliminate stock-outs and reduce stock levels
- Reducing bottlenecks and improve the flow of materials
- Securing inventory from unnecessary losses
- Reducing worker safety claims and enhancing ergonomics
Are You Ready to Take the Next Step?
If you want to learn more about vertical shuttles, we can help. Southwest Solutions Group® has been designing, installing, and servicing automated storage systems for decades. Click here to watch a video and get in contact with the storage expert in your area.