Mounting archival record storage is exploiting floor space in local, state, county, and federal government facilities all across the United States. Along with the mounting costs for offsite storage, government agencies are expanding and building their own archival storage areas for record boxes and other archives. Well if you are considering building or expanding your box storage archives, then you need to consider a Spacesaver® XTend™ Mobile High-Bay Storage System. XTend™ Mobile High Bay shelving is rapidly becoming a cost effective innovative storage solution for optimizing archival storage facilities.
The Spacesaver XTend™ System is designed with shelving units that go up as high as 35 feet with as many as 30 tiers of shelves. That’s five times the height of a traditional shelving unit! The tall rows of shelving roll on mobile carriages to move together to reduce inactive access aisles and compact or condense the storage area down to a very small footprint. Typically, the Mobile High Bay XTend™ shelving uses one to two moveable access aisles where traditional fixed type shelving would have six to twelve (or more) aisles. Accessing the Spacesaver high bay shelving is easy, with just the push of a button the towering rows of shelving roll on tracks to create an access aisle when and where you need it. Archives are retrieved and stored via an efficient aisle picker type lift. The Spacesaver Xtend™ Mobile High Bay Shelving System has numerous fail-safe safety features to protect archives and people using the system. (click here to watch Spacesaver XTend video)
Here are just a few of the reasons why you should consider the Spacesaver XTend™ Mobile System if you are contemplating expanding your archival record storage:
1. Space Efficient: The XTend™ Storage system can reduce your archive storage floor space by as much 80%.
2. Cost-effective: The Spacesaver XTend™ fits in your existing off-site storage building, so you don’t have to pay for construction of a new building, which can be 4 times as much as the XTend™ System alone.
3. Environmentally Friendly: Because the XTend™ System is space efficient, you save on energy and other operating costs.
4. Customizable: Spacesaver XTend™ Mobile Systems are flexible and modifiable to meet the unique requirements of your storage facility.
5. Safe: The Xtend™ has electronic systems to stop the shelving movement when a person enters an open access aisle. Also, the Spacesaver XTend™ is approved for fire safety by the NFPA (National Fire Protection Association) and integrates with early fire suppression providing fast response to sprinklers to greatly minimize the risk of fires damage.