Archive for the ‘Industrial Storage Equipment’ Category
How Much Money is Your Business Spending on Work-Related Injuries?
The costs related to on-the-job injuries, productivity loss, and worker’s compensation have risen over $33 billion since 1992, reaching up to $250 billion in 2012. Just one glance at these statistics shows that worker safety needs to become a much bigger priority, especially in industries that deal with storing and handling heavy machinery.
Using vertical pallet shuttles to store and retrieve heavy machinery and other large loads – motors, valves, dies, etc – creates a safer work environment, which in turn, reduces on-the-job injuries and increases productivity. The vertical pallet shuttles handle heavy material automatically to minimize the amount of time employees spend manually transporting objects, which poses a risk both to themselves and to the product. In addition to improving worker and product safety, vertical pallet shuttles offer incredible space-savings by maximizing unused air space.
Why You Should Use Kardex Vertical Pallet Shuttles
Kardex Remstar provides shuttles, lifts, and pallet racks for storing heavy machinery and large products. For example, the Kardex Shuttle XP 1000 is a compact, automated vertical shuttle that provides increased efficiency while saving up to 80% of the floor space usually required with traditional storage shelving or racks.
The shuttle is even compatible with cranes, forklifts, and pallet trucks, allowing workers to move and store low to medium height heavy products in the pallet racks on the shuttle quickly and with ease. This eliminates much of the lifting, twisting, bending, and other repetitive motions that lead to injury or product damage. With automated vertical pallet shuttles, workers can spend more time on batch picking and processing and less time on heavy lifting and walking.
Where Can You Find Kardex Vertical Pallet Shuttles?
Southwest Solutions Group® provides design, installation, and consultation services for businesses that are looking to reduce work-related injuries with vertical pallet shuttles. To learn more or to speak with an industrial material handling systems specialist, call us at 1-800-803-1083 or send us a message today.
Our San Antonio office has moved to a bigger and better location. The new address is 15002 Tradesman San Antonio, TX 78249. But don’t worry because we will still be providing both new and existing clients with the same great service. In fact, with more space we hope to be even better than before – so come visit us!
Our knowledgeable representatives work with all types of commercial and industrial businesses including government, museum, healthcare, legal, education, manufacturing, and distribution facilities to maximize floor space, reduce operating costs, and increase productivity.
Equipment & Services Offered By Southwest Solutions Group in San Antonio
- High Density Storage Shelving: This compact storage option stores files and other items in about one-third the space as traditional file cabinets.
- Modular Casework: Flexible casework cabinets are easy to reconfigure and relocate, saving replacement costs and our landfills.
- Sliding File Cabinets: By attaching your existing file cabinets to bi-file or tri-file tracks, you have an inexpensive filing storage solution that lets you store more files in less space.
- Compact Pallet Racks: These motorized pallet racks on tracks allow you to condense your warehouse storage area in half the floor space.
- Vertical Lift Modules: With automated storage you maximize space, improve productivity and increase picking accuracy.
- Mezzanines: Freestanding and structural mezzanines extend your storage area vertically to create extra usable space.
- Document Scanning: Create a paperless office by converting all your paper files to digital documents.
- RFID File & Asset Tracking: Use RFID technology to track both files and assets so you never lose anything important again.
Contact Us Today for Help in San Antonio
Southwest Solutions Group’s San Antonio office has been helping businesses with storage and filing solutions since 1969. Our products and services are available on the TXMAS Contracts, GSA Federal Contracts, SYSTEC Small Business GSA Contract, NJPA Purchasing Agreement, and numerous Healthcare Purchasing Contracts.
Stop by our new location at 15002 Tradesman San Antonio, TX 78249 or give us a call today (210) 558-6988 to discuss your storage and filing requirements!
Doing More with Less | Innovative LEAN Warehouse Storage Solutions (Part 3 of 3) TX | OK | LA | AR | KS | MO | MI | TN
Spacesaver ActivRAC Pallet Racks on Tracks for LEAN Warehouse Storage
1. Adaptability for Current and Future Needs
2. Functional Layout and Space Configuration
3. Safety and Comfort for Employees
4. Sustainable Technologies and Practices
In Part 2, (read here) we discussed how Kardex Remstar Vertical Lift Modules are a great equipment solution for creating LEAN small parts storage areas. Now, we are going to explain how Spacesaver® ActivRAC™ Pallet Racks on Tracks can help you meet your LEAN manufacturing warehouse storage goals and do more with less. (watch a video on how Pallet Racks on Tracks save floor space and increase storage capacity)
What are Spacesaver Pallet Racks on Tracks?
The Spacesaver ActivRAC System is pallet racks that are mounted on specially designed carriage structures with wheels that roll back and forth on floor tracks; basically, they are racks on tracks. The rows of pallet racks reduce the amount of static access aisles by moving sideways along the floor tracks to create a movable or floating access aisle. With a push of a button or by remote control, up to 80’ long rows of pallet racks move to open access aisles when and where they are needed. Anything that can be moved by a lift truck or crane can be stored on Spacesaver Pallet Racks because there is virtually no size, bulk, shape, or weight design limits.
Spacesaver Mobile Pallet Racks Allow for Growth through Floor Space Savings
Spacesaver Pallet Racks on Tracks maximize your warehouse storage area by increasing your storage capacity in half the floor space. Typically, 60% of floor space is wasted on access aisles and only 40% is actually used for storage. With a Spacesaver Mobilized Rack System you can store the same amount of materials or more in 50% less floor space. You can use that extra space to consolidate storage from auxiliary warehouses, create more staging areas, add a new production line, add more offices, or add more pallet rack storage. Spacesaver Compact Pallet Racks efficiently use your warehouse storage space so that you don’t have to worry about costly off-site storage or an obsolete facility layout.
Spacesaver Pallet Racks on Tracks Create a Secure and Safe Work Environment
Because the Spacesaver rack system rolls racks together to save space, security can be better controlled if needed. Rows of racks can be locked together or the entire system can be locked to protect and secure parts from being accessed by unauthorized personnel.
The Spacesaver Racks on Tracks System is extremely safe for employees to use because it is equipped with infrared safety lasers that run from end to end along the face of the pallet rack rows and side to side across the access aisles. The safety lasers will detect whether a person or object is in an open access aisle and display on the touchpad that the aisle is in use and prevent movement of the shelving till the person or object is gone. Also, the floor tracks are flush with the concrete slab to prevent tripping hazards.
Sustainable Warehouse Storage and a Fast Return on Investment
The Spacesaver ActivRAC Pallet Racks on Tracks are a great way to invest in sustainable technologies. Because they conserve so much floor space, you can reduce or eliminate new building construction costs, auxiliary warehouses, building expansions, and decrease operational costs like lighting, heat, air conditioning, and insurance.
The Compact Pallet Racks also provide a quick return on investment (ROI). Spacesaver Compact Mobile Rack owners can expect their ROI in as little as 24 months. The Spacesaver Pallet Racks on Tracks System’s three main qualities, easy access with 100% selectivity, efficient cube utilization, and a high ROI with quick payback, allow companies looking for sustainable LEAN storage systems to remain competitive.
LEAN Warehouse Storage Equipment Solutions
In this three part blog series, we told you about ways to improve your warehouse facility and provided you with equipment solutions that will help you make those improvements. If you want more information on LEAN manufacturing warehouse storage ideas, Kardex Remstar Vertical Lift Modules (VLM), or Spacesaver® ActivRAC™ Pallet Racks on Tracks, feel free to call us today at 1-800-803-1083 or email us for a free 30 minute phone consultation with one of our sales engineers.
Southwest Solutions Group Kansas City Office (Formerly Automated Business Systems) Moves to New Office
Come visit Southwest Solutions Group’s storage and filing experts at our new location at 7949 Bond Street in Lenexa, KS. Automated Business Systems acquired in 2010 by Southwest Solutions Group provides storage and filing solutions that will save space, increase productivity, and keep your business organized for success.
Our knowledgeable representatives work with all types of commercial and industrial businesses including government, museum, heathcare, legal, education, manufacturing, and distribution facilities to reduce floor space, operating costs, and increase productivity. So, no matter what you need to store, we have a storage system that will meet your needs in less space.
Here are just a few examples of our office business storage products:
• High Density Filing Cabinets and Storage Shelving: This compact storage option stores files in about one-third the space as traditional file cabinets.
• Modular Casework: Flexible casework cabinets that are easy to reconfigure and relocate saving replacement costs and our landfills.
• Mailroom Furniture: You can keep mail, documents, forms, and literature organized with easy to assemble mailroom furniture.
• Rotary Cabinets: These rotating filing cabinets provide double the amount of storage as regular file cabinets and lock to protect important files.
• Sliding File Cabinets: By attaching your existing file cabinets to bi-file or tri-file tracks, you have an inexpensive filing storage solution that lets you store more files in less space.
Industrial Material Handling Storage Products and Systems
Here are some examples of our industrial material handling storage products:
• Compact Pallet Racks on Tracks: These motorized pallet racks on tracks allow you to condense your warehouse storage area in half the floor space.
• Mezzanines: Freestanding and structural mezzanines extend your storage area vertically to create extra usable space.
• Industrial Mobile Shelving: You can store anything on mobile shelving from the smallest screw to an aircraft engine.
• Modular Drawers and Workstations: Make your storage area work for you wherever you need it with modular drawers and workstations.
We have a division devoted to all facets of document imaging from planning to implementation. Here is a short list of some of the services we can provide:
• Information consulting and planning services
• Imaging and electronic file conversions
• Document scanning services
• RFID and barcode file tracking solutions
• Merging/consolidating multiple filing systems into one centralized file system
• Purging files and documents
Southwest Solutions Group’s Kansas office (formerly known as Automated Business Systems) has been helping businesses with storage and filing solutions since 1969. Our products and services are available on the Kansas Department of Administration State Purchasing Contract #10050, Kansas City Purchasing Agreement, United States General Services Administration (GSA) Federal Contracts, SYSTEC Small Business GSA Contract, National Joint Powers Alliance (NJPA) Purchasing Agreement, and numerous Healthcare Purchasing Contracts.
Email or call us today at (913) 345-0289 for a free 30 minute phone consultation to discuss your filing and storage requirements.
Pallet Racks on Tracks Will Save Floor Space and Double Your Warehouse Storage Capacity
Donald’s company just took on three new clients, but there was no room to store the files so they had to move people out of the office and into the warehouse and move products to an offsite auxiliary lease warehouse. This was not an ideal situation for Donald because he was one of the unlucky workers that had to move into the warehouse. However, with the help of Southwest Solutions Group® and Pallet Racks on Tracks, Donald was able to solve his company’s warehouse storage problem. Watch the video below to see how everything unfolded.
Want to Learn More Details About Donald’s Warehouse Storage Project?
You’re in luck because Donald has provided us with his step by step guide that explains how Pallet Racks on Tracks helped his company double their warehouse storage capacity and increase their office space. Just visit racksontracks.com for more information!
Ready to be the Next Donald?
If you are ready to be a star at your office like Donald by solving your company’s warehouse storage dilemma with Pallet Racks on Tracks, then give us a call toll free at 1-800-803-1083 or send us an email. We can provide you with a complementary budget and savings analysis to see how much space your company can save with Pallet Racks on Tracks.