The concept of LEAN is simple: eliminate waste. And if you can eliminate waste in your supply chain, it will improve every other area in your facility. Vertical lifts are designed to automate storage and retrieval of all types of parts, tools, supplies, and inventory. This automation leads to many advantages. Check out the slide show below to see what you can gain from using vertical lifts in your supply chain.
Contact Us for More Information on Vertical Lifts
Southwest Solutions Group® offers design, installation, relocation, and maintenance services for vertical lifts. Contact us today to learn how automating storage and retrieval in your facility will reduce waste in your supply chain.
K-12 schools, universities, and churches frequently have problems finding efficient ways to store their sheet music and instruments. When it is time to perform, the last thing you need is missing sheet music or damaged instruments. We offer a variety of sheet music and instrument storage solutions including shelving, cabinets, lockers and carts. Our range of storage products will provide the benefits of extra floor space, easy access, better organization, and increased security.
Different Types of Shelving, Cabinets, Lockers & Carts
Keyless intelligent lockers: These lockers will store all sizes of band and orchestra instruments and provide an extremely high level of security.
Rolling folio cabinets: These cabinets will keep all your sheet music organized and easily accessible. And you can take it with you wherever you need it.
Lateral sliding shelving: This solution takes stationary open shelving and places it on tracks to create double deep storage. Because you can use your existing open shelving, the sliding shelving is a very budget friendly way to store sheet music.
Instrument storage cabinets: You can easily keep instruments in your school and church safe and secure in instruments storage cabinets.
Roll-out shelving units: The roll-out shelving units can double your sheet music storage capacity compared to traditional lateral cabinets. Also, they easily fit in awkward and tight spaces.
Stringed instrument cart: The cart is specifically designed for storing and transporting bases and cellos. You can easily carry instruments through doorways, into practice halls, and into rehearsal and performance areas.
Contact Us for Sheet Music and Instrument Storage Solutions
Southwest Solutions Group® has been providing solutions to help schools and churches efficiently store and organize sheet music and instruments since 1969. If you are searching for the best way to store sheet music and instruments in your school or church, give us a call at 1-800-803-1083 or send us a message and we will put you in touch with your local representative.
Due to budget and space constraints, government agencies are looking to reduce their building footprint. The idea is to stop expanding and start saving by co-locating and consolidating stored items. This will allow you to build or lease less space to lower real estate costs. One area that is often overlooked is your storage space. With save-n-aisle storage systems, it’s easy to transform your storage area into an organized, easily accessible space that will reduce the overall footprint of your government agency.
How Do Save-n-Aisle Storage Systems Work?
What does save-n-aisle mean exactly? Instead of having an aisle in between every row of shelving, you can “save an aisle” by removing these unnecessary access aisles. There are a few different types of save-n-aisle storage systems: a high capacity system, a rolling double depth system, and a pull-out system.
The high capacity system works by placing shelves onto carriages that are mounted onto tracks attached to the floor. The shelves move on the tracks to compact together. When you need to access stored items, you simply push a button or turn a handle and the system opens up an aisle. This system will also work with all kinds of cabinets and racks.
The rolling double depth system works with two rows of shelving, one in front of the other. The front shelving sections roll back and forth on floor tracks to allow access to items stored in the stationary back row. This system works with both shelves and cabinets, including your existing ones.
With the pull-out system, shelves slide in and out, making access aisles unnecessary. The natural egress aisle in front of the cabinet is used as an access aisle so that the system can fit in tight spaces, between wall columns, in alcoves, and more.
Contact Us for Save-n-Aisle Storage Systems GSA TXMAS
Reducing your building footprint isn’t the easiest thing for government agencies to do, but with the “save an aisle” concept you can make a big difference. All of our save-n-aisle storage systems are available on GSA and TXMAS contracts. Contact us at 1-800-803-1083 or send us a message, and we will put you in touch with the specialist in your area.
Three Automated Storage Systems Available Exclusively From Us on TXMAS Contract
Southwest Solutions Group® is the exclusive provider of Kardex Automated Storage Systems on TXMAS Contract. Kardex Automated Storage Systems can be used in a variety of applications throughout government agencies, the military, universities, k-12 schools, municipalities, police departments, healthcare facilities, libraries, and more. With three different Automated Storage Systems – Megamat RS Vertical Carousel, Shuttle XP Vertical Lift Module, and Lektriever File Cabinet – we have something for everyone.
Automated Storage System #1: Megamat RS Vertical Carousel
The Megamat RS Vertical Carousel fuses reliability and security to create a dynamic Automated Storage System. Here are just some of the features and benefits of the Megamat RS Vertical Carousel:
- Recovers Floor Space: The Megamat RS Vertical Carousel takes advantage of unused overhead space and will recover up to 75% of the floor space.
- Improves Ergonomics: Because this Automated Storage System delivers shelves and drawers with stored items to an ergonomically correct height, it eliminates the need for the operator to bend over, reach down, or climb up when retrieving a stored item.
- Enhances Safety & Security: The Megamat RS Vertical Carousel is equipped with both personnel and product photocells for maximum safety. A lockable door protects stored items from unauthorized access.
- Increases Picking Accuracy: Various pick-to-light technologies can be integrated to increase accuracy up to 99%.
Automated Storage System #2: Shuttle XP Vertical Lift Module
The combination of storage density, flexibility, efficiency, and security makes the Shuttle XP Vertical Lift Module an ideal Automated Storage System for numerous functions throughout any government organization. Here are just some of the reasons to use the Shuttle XP Vertical Lift System:
- Saves Floor Space: The Shuttle XP Vertical Lift Module provides true floor-to-ceiling storage by using overhead space and can recover up to 85% of floor space.
- Improves Ergonomics & Safety: With this Automated Storage System there is no longer a need for employees to bend, reach, squat, or climb to retrieve a stored item because all items are automatically delivered to an ergonomically positioned access window.
- Increases Productivity & Accuracy: Available pick-to-light technology immediately identifies the item and quantity to be picked, which will increase productivity by up to 2/3 while providing the highest levels of accuracy, up to 99.9%.
- Provides Flexibility: Each tray within the Shuttle XP Vertical Lift Module can be programmed to meet your needs: slower speeds for sensitive items; positioning fast moving trays in the “Golden Zone” for fast retrieval; and restricted access to individual trays.
Automated Storage System #3: Lektriever File Cabinet
The Lektriever File Cabinet meets all Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements and guidelines for forward reach over an obstruction, knee clearance, maximum high forward reach, front approach and side approach. Here are additional features and benefits of this ADA Compliant Automated Storage System:
- High Density: The Lektriever File Cabinet uses overhead space, which will save up to 70% of the floor space compared to traditional lateral file cabinets.
- Flexible Storage Design: There are 8 to 31 carriers available for each unit to match your storage needs.
- Adjustable Work Counter: The ergonomic work counter easily adjusts up and down to meet the ideal standing or sitting height of the user. Also, an overhead task light for increased visibility.
- Controlled Access: The Kardex Lektriever has locking security doors to keep confidential stored items safe from unauthorized access.
- Range of Controls: There are multiple styles and levels of controls available from basic push button to PC integration.
- Safety Features: The Electric Lateral File System has numerous safety features to protect stored items and users including a full safety light curtain, emergency stop buttons, and two safety touch bars.
We can provide any of these Kardex Automated Storage Systems on TXMAS Contract. For more information, give us a call at 1-800-803-1083 or send us a message to speak with the representative in your area.
Why Should Your Business Automate Storage & Retrieval?
Your warehouse floor space is expensive, and the value of it varies depending on the activity occurring in that space. When it’s used for stationary racks and storage rather than production lines or other revenue generating functions, you are losing out on profits. The stationary racks in your storage area mean workers are picking one order at a time, which slows down their picking speed because they are often walking several miles a day. They can also become fatigued and injured due to the constant walking, bending, climbing, and twisting they do while searching for items, which means they can’t do their jobs to the best of their abilities. This can lead to picking mistakes that can cost your company time and cause customers frustration. Kardex Remstar Carousels & Lifts will automate storage & retrieval to eliminate all of these problems so that your business can stop focusing on lost time and money and instead focus on growth and profits.
Kardex Remstar Carousels & Lifts Optimize Floor Space to Make Room for Value Added Activities
- Save up to 85% of floor space
- Floor to ceiling space utilization
- Eliminate wasted aisle floor space
- Maximize every square inch within the unit
- Inventory management software designed to dynamically manage cube space within the unit
Kardex Remstar Carousels & Lifts Improve Picking Accuracy to Increase Customer Retention
- 99.9% pick accuracy
- Reduced picking mistakes
- Fewer returned orders & restocking
- Fewer re-picked items due to shipping mistakes
- Improved customer satisfaction
- Increased repeat customers
Kardex Remstar Carousels & Lifts Reduce Labor Costs by Increasing Productivity
- Reduce labor by 2/3 and keep pick levels the same
- Deliver stored items to the operator & eliminate unproductive travel time
- Optimized machine movement – all items are picked in one machine rotation or cycle
- Pick lights indicate which item & quantity to pick, eliminating time spent searching for the right part
Kardex Remstar Carousels & Lifts Improve Ergonomics to Increase Workplace Safety
- 100% safe and ergonomic access
- Goods to person delivery eliminates climbing, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling associated with shelving and cabinets
- OSHA friendly storage and retrieval solution
- Easily integrate hoists, lifts, carts, and transport tables into the workstation
- Multiple safety features protect both workers and stored items
Kardex Remstar Carousels & Lifts Reduce Bottlenecks and Increase Throughput with Batch Picking
- Increase picking speeds by 800%
- Fulfill multiple orders at one time
- Reduce bottlenecks in shipping & manufacturing
- One pick fills multiple orders
- Extend order cutoff times to meet customer demand
- Easily accommodate hot picks
Contact Us Today for Kardex Remstar Carousels & Lifts
Southwest Solutions Group® is a full service dealer of Kardex Remstar Carousels & Lifts. We will provide design, installation, relocation, and maintenance services for Kardex Remstar Carousels & Lifts to automate storage & retrieval in your facility. Give us a call toll-free at 1-800-803-1083 or send us a message to speak with the representative in your area today.